Saturday, September 19, 2009

SEO - Analyze for Good Keywords

After you have decided about content and navigation on your site you need to choose good keywords. Keywords are actually search terms people are using when searching on Internet. Don't use keywords you consider are good but make some investigation to find out what keywords are really people using when searching.

For keywords investigation you can use google keyword tool. This tool can tell you number of users that searched for given keyword in the previous month and number of people that used given keyword globally.

So let's take for example my site spend day with kids. At the first moment I believed that spend day with kids is good combination. But after some investigation I have found out that good keywords for USA are: things to do with kids and places to go with kids while good combination for UK is family days out.

So as you can my first idea about keywords turned out to be wrong and I have finished with optimizing my web site for completely different keywords.

No comments:

Post a Comment